Thursday, August 28, 2008

"I've been rapping for about seveteen years okay?

I don't write my stuff anymore I just kick it from my head
You know what I'm sayin?
I can do that

No disrespect but that's how I am"

Anyone who recognizes those five lines know that right after the music breaks into anthem. Seventeen Years is a song that makes you want to stomp your feet and sing along which is somewhat difficult seeing as how there are no other lyrics to this song but people find a way.

I'm actually getting myself pumped up for a show I missed out on about a year ago--Ratatat--which is coming to Austin Monday September 15th to Stubb's. The beat will be busting through the soles of your shoes into your chest and people will be dancing with their elbows in your ribs and the whole thing (as I have imagined it to be) is going to be an amazing excuse to get physical and bounce around.
But blah, seems like every good show is clogged with the hipster cliques these days as homegirl and I realized when we saw what used to be our favorite DJ duo from Chicago last month, Flosstradamus. And it was pretty obvious how fandom had changed those guys. The stage they played music from created an altogether different vibe from their last show at Beauty Bar. Maybe I just prefer Beauty Bar because of the disco ball... shit, I don't know... In any case, with enough Pabst Blue Ribbon, any show is a good show. I learned that lesson all through SXSW.

That's all I should say for now or I might unleash on the hipsters.

No comments: