Thursday, November 6, 2008

Barack Obama Elected President



A collective sigh of relief ensues.

Anxiety ate at me all day, and unlike many people who were able to sit in front of the TV and track the votes, I couldn't be too concerned what with a paper to work on, readings to do, and work.

A half-hour after I got home, my sister yelled to me as I was in my bedroom changing that Obama had won. His face was on television, underneath a caption that read "Obama Elected President." It was all over, simple as that. In some ways it was anti-climatic, but in an entirely, worry-free perfect kind of way. Strange how historic moments can slide right by if you don't stop to actually think about it.

Now he can sleep for ten days straight. Imagine the toll a campaign takes on the human body, the mind, the nerves. He'll need lots of rest for the ugly mess that awaits him.

No comments: